THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ILLUSTRATORS AND STORYTELLERS
- The world of contemporary mapmaking is brought up-to-date in this revised and expanded edition of a best-selling book.
- Maps help us understand and navigate the world. In our age of satellite navigation systems and Google Maps, personal interpretations of the geography around us are becoming even more relevant. A Map of the World is a compelling collection of work by a new generation of original and sought-after designers, illustrators, and mapmakers.
- This work showcases specific regions, characterizes local scenes, generates moods, and tells stories beyond sheer navigation. From accurate and surprisingly detailed representations to personal, naïve, and modernistic interpretations, the featured projects in this updated version range from maps and atlases inspired by classic forms to cartographic experiments and editorial illustrations.
- Editors: gestalten & Antonis Antoniou
- Release date: January 2020
- Format: 24.5 × 33 cm, 9 ¾ × 13 inches
- Features: Full color, hardcover, stitch bound, 256 pages
- ISBN: 978-3-89955-881-4