BUYING ASSISTANT INTERN
NOT JUST ANOTHER STORE
FULL TIME – LONDON
Posted on July, 12
Not Just Another Store is a conceptual retail space that detaches itself from all the restrictions, rules and norms placed upon existing retail spaces. With collaborations at the heart and core of the concept, Not Just Another Store is partnering up with various creatives and designers to curate innovative events, installations and exhibitions. The space includes over 25 international independent fashion and lifestyle brands across womenswear and menswear, literature, art, homeware & interiors.
We are looking for an exceptionally organised and enthusiastic Buying Assistant Intern to support the Fashion/Retail Buyer.
ASSISTANT BUYER RESPONSABILITIES
- Assisting the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Ensuring products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
ASSISTANT BUYER REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- To be successful as an assistant buyer, you should be confident, highly organized, and an excellent communicator. An outstanding assistant buyer has an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills.
- Willing to Learn
Please send application with CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Buying Assistant Intern