HANDMADE IN JAPAN: THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION IN TRADITIONAL CRAFTS
- Discover the exceptional artistry and rich traditions being kept alive by Japanese artisans in the 21st century.
- In an era where global interest in handmade, small-batch products is heightening as a response to mass production, Handmade in Japan takes a look inside the workshops of the country’s artisans, revealing their endless pursuit of excellence, and what it means to dedicate one’s life to the stewardship of irreplaceable cultural heritage. Find inspiration in the exploration of handmade processes using sustainable materials and discover the lengths these makers go to in ensuring every product is perfect.
- From hand-painted kimono dyeing to wooden trays carving, Handmade in Japan meets the craftspeople of Japan’s diverse regions with unique insights into their traditions and how they work.
- Editors: gestalten & Irwin Wong
- Release date: March 2020
- Format: 22.5 × 29 cm
- Features: Full color, hardcover, stitch bound, 320 pages
- ISBN: 978-3-89955-992-7